ICT VISION: Future-ready school community empowered to excel in a digital age
In Sembawang Secondary, we align our ICT directions with MOE MasterPlan for ICT in Education and the School’s Strategic Plan and Goals. The ICT department charts directions, designs and implements programmes to support the development of students and teachers harnessing effective use of technologies for teaching and learning. The department also manages the ICT infrastructure to support teaching and learning.
Our Aspirations to ensure Quality Learning in the hands of every learner – empowered with technology:
- Through professional conversations on the design of student-centric learning experiences, we empower teachers to be effective and skilful designers of active learning experiences, and environments
- Through our Signature Programmes – PEARL and STeM (as part of ALP) and the baseline ICT learning modules on the Student Learning Space (SLS), the ICT department strives to provide a dynamic and engaging curriculum that moulds Sembawang Graduates into active, self-directed and competent learners who are future-ready and responsible digital citizens.
As with all subjects, ICT is also a values-driven discipline. Guided by our school values our school values and through our ICT programmes, we inculcate our students with the following:
- Be RESPONSIBLE for your learning, development and device
- RESPECT the learning environment and others in the learning process
- Have INTEGRITY and observe intellectual property rights
- INNOVATE the use of technologies for your learning and development
- Be RESILIENT and self-directed in charting your learning and development
- Show EMPATHY, practise cyber wellness and ensure everyone is learning